IronMaster Dumbbells: Real time to change weight? Heavy Handles & Long Screws @IronmasterPro

Originally published at: IronMaster Dumbbells: Real time to change weight? Heavy Handles & Long Screws @IronmasterPro | Get Up Earlier

In this real world use demo I used clips from a “heavy” incline dumbbell workout to see just how long it takes to change weight out using IronMaster Adjustable Dumbbells. I consider anything over 80lbs. to be heavy.

The answer, for me, is 50-60 seconds if it’s a weight under 90lbs where heavy handles are used and around 90 seconds to swap out the short screws for the long screws and change the weight to anything over 95lbs.

I believe these dumbbells are the reason I began lifting heavy weights again. I would have never gone out and bought every little increment of weight from 70-110lbs. That a ton of massive dumbbells that get used infrequently. I get all of that from this little box of metal in my home gym. So I deal with that 1-1.5 minute issue.

I will say I believe it’s necessary to have many if not all of the increments of 5-50lbs as separate dumbbells. IronMaster adjustables are not good for small weights. Way too much time waste. I use small weights so much faster than the big ones. Also, true drop-sets are really impossible.

This is a log of my daily training:
https://learn.getupearlier.com/t/mikeb-workout-log

Ask me anything, I’m happy to help if I can.

I am training for life or as Peter Attia @PeterAttiaMD calls it the “centenarian decathlon”. Every day, working toward a goal of enhancing and maintaining strength, muscle mass, endurance, mobility and flexibility to be a kick-ass 85+ year old.

Michael Baker
e-RYT Male Yoga Teacher, CHC, 25 Year #WFH Digital Pro
Actively training for the Centenarian Decathlon
www.GetUpEarlier.com
#Run #Lift #Hike #Yoga #Strength #Flexibility #Nutrition