Easy High Protein Clean, Lean 40+ Grams Per Meal Ideas

meal-thumb2

Originally published at: Easy High Protein Clean, Lean 40+ Grams Per Meal Ideas - Strength & Health Coaching - Get Up Earlier

I aim for a daily protein intake of 150-200 grams. At 49 years old, my weight fluctuates around 165-170 lbs, and I’m 5’7". My job involves extensive computer work. My dietary goals are to grow and maintain muscle, support my lengthy runs, and not exceed a daily intake of 1700-2100 calories. I allow myself indulgences for earned rewards and fun times in life.

I focus on clean eating, preferring organic, single-ingredient foods over processed options.

I shop for all my fresh fish at Big Y in Milford, CT. It’s the best locally, offering Wild Cod as good as Balducci’s in Westport but at 1/3 the price. The XL Loins are unmatched by what you find at Whole Foods or elsewhere.

My chicken is primarily Bell & Evans, which I get from Whole Foods. I also enjoy their organic rotisserie chicken, making my own bone broth from it, so the $12 stretches further. Trader Joe’s has good premade naked grilled chicken for when I need something quick. Kevin’s chicken is a reliable option too, though I typically use only 1/3-1/2 of the “sauce”.

I buy grass-fed/organic ground beef mostly from Aldi, where they offer both 85/15 and 93/7 at half the price of Whole Foods. While I get steaks from Whole Foods, ButcherBox is my top choice for quality.

I avoid conventional, factory/feedlot meat and eggs, and farmed fish, whenever possible.

Big ol Cod Loins are easy pure protein. Let them get close to room temp like an hour or so ahead of cooking. Salt, pepper and lemon. Get the cast iron pan so hot it just starts to smoke. Then throw in a 1/2 tbs salted butter. Lay the Cod in the butter and don’t move it for 5 min or so. Flip it, do the same on the other side until it starts to pull apart on it’s own.

12 ounces of Cod with a little butter is a pure 60+ grams protein and maybe 5-10 grams fat. 0 carbs. Side of steamed Broccoli and you hit a protein target that tastes amazing.

#Protein #Recipe #Easy #EatAtHome #WFH

I make smoothies in a Vitamix with the Stainless Steel container:

10 ounces of Haddock pan seared (almost blackened) in 1 tablespoon of butter.

I use this organic Cajun spice on it along with some salt and pepper, a touch of lemon. I ate this with a cup of watermelon on the side.

• Total Calories: 371 kcal
  • Total Protein: 49.05 g
  • Total Carbohydrates: 11.49 g
  • Total Fat: 12.75 g

I get all of my fresh fish from Big Y in Milford, CT. Hands down the best locally and I don’t know why. Cod as good as Balducci’s in Westport but it’s 1/3 the price. XL Loins not even close to what you get at Whole Foods or anywhere else. Trust that.

egg

Aldi has fantastic Grass Fed beef and cage-free, pasture raised organic eggs. This is a 9 ounce 85/15 grass fed beef burger grilled. 1/4 cup of Trader Joe’s sharp cheddar and 2 eggs fried in “Chosen Foods” avocado oil spray. Along with about 1/2 tablespoon of organic real ketchup.

• Total Calories: 887 kcal
  • Total Protein: 80 g
  • Total Carbohydrates: 4 g
  • Total Fat: 61 g

download - 2024-03-14T113829.036

1/4 cup Pea Protein Isolate, Ice cold water (no ice) and a shaker. I chug this down. I don’t like it, I don’t not like it, it’s just something I do for function.
Eat 1/4 cup walnuts, almonds, cashews separately. Measure out 1/4 cup. Nuts can mess up a diet real quick. 200 calories in around 14 nuts which is basically a big handful.
Cup of Watermelon. Watermelon is only 50 calories per cup.
Maybe I’ll throw a PaleoValley stick in too.

• Total Calories: 436 kcal
  • Total Protein: 37.93 g
  • Total Carbohydrates: 19.48 g
  • Total Fat: 24.23 g

@TerryA @rfaustinllc @chad @apache69yell
Keep an eye here, I’ll posting a big variety of options

A post was merged into an existing topic: Bob A workout / food log

On the road idea:

rise-bar

These 3 ingredient Rise bars are ok tasting but really do the trick to make you not hungry. Most people I know that have tried these don’t like the taste too much. I actually do like them and they pack 18 grams of Whey protein. So even if it’s not the best taste, I know I’m getting what I need especially when pitted against nasty road food.

Have one of these and an ounce or 2 of clean People’s Choice Beef Jerky. No carbs, very lean, all protein. I love the spicy one. I know this stuff is a little tough for people. Each ounce is 15 grams of protein!

7187ZnJOWzL.SX679
81ezAqor6iL.SX679

My ButcherBox haul… Let Food Be Thy Medicine

@TerryA @chad @rfaustinllc

A post was merged into an existing topic: Bob A workout / food log