My big ugly black box has a kick to it. Puget Systems custom build:

Platform
AMD Threadripper PRO WRX80

Motherboard
Asus Pro WS WRX80E-SAGE SE WIFI

CPU
AMD Ryzen Threadripper Pro 5975WX 3.6GHz 32 Core 280W

Ram
512GB - 8 x Kingston DDR4-3200 64GB ECC Reg.

Video Card
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090 24GB Founders Edition

Hard Drive
Sabrent 4TB Rocket 4 Plus Gen4 PCIe NVMe M.2
Sabrent 4TB Rocket 4 Plus Gen4 PCIe NVMe M.2 SSD
Seagate IronWolf Pro 8TB SATA3

Case
Fractal Design Define 7 XL

Power Supply
Super Flower LEADEX Platinum 1200W

CPU Cooling
Noctua NH-U14S TR4-SP3

1 Like

not bad, I’ll post my shitbox in a few days, after I dust her out

Ya it’s about a year old now, it’s by far the best machine I’ve ever had but it’s built like and weighs as much as an actual tank!

oh, that thing would be an editing beast, for sure & nice placement of the treadmill, it was either that or facing the window with those ceilings

computer

1 Like

That’s dope :boom: :nerd_face:

This is it literally right now. I got my young one up here with me on the old BOXX laptop. I ended up moving the treadmill out

drive2
Started Sim Racing when I retired, great work out, mentally and physically. Force Feedback set to 30% now, I started a 100( what the hell was I thinking ) then went to 75%. When I hooked up with a UK based team they suggested 30 and I have been happy with it ever since.

2 Likes

Wow that looks insane. What is your actual hardware/specs attached to that? It looks wildly fun.

all that just to wank to ghey prawn, I’m soo jealous

My tater

Ryzen 5 5600
32 gb of 3200 ddr4
Msi b450m pro-vdh
Samsung 980 500 gb nvme
2 tb, 1 tb, 500 gb ssds
Asus 2060 6gb
Seasonic focus gold 80+ 650 watt psu
LG tv, Asus gaming monitor, xp pen artist pro 12
150 watts powering a pair of carvin wrs 6.5 monitors and a 12" sub
misc mic, web cam, lights, stands, etc

uses: gaming, consuming media, digital art, thinking about trying to stream but not sure, light learning, emulation.

Imgur

Nice man. I have what I have and I still max it out daily. I swear I’ll never get a PC that can work as fast as I need it to.

4k video with effects chugs my system. Rendering AI locally chugs my system. I am going to get a new 128 core Threadripper processor, go up to 2TB ram and get 4 video cards and see if it works lol what the hell

1 Like

yeah, depends on your use case, if I get serious about streaming, I could see a gpu upgrade, else I’m happy with what I have besides maybe finding a bigger huion or xp pen 20 - 24" tablet for art and changing out 1 - 2 ssd for 2 tb or bigger. I also wouldn’t mind having a lil nas setup for backups, streaming media over our local network. Again if streaming gets serious a better cam solution, although the pixel 6a makes a great webcam

oh, and before you pull the trigger on a multi-gpu system for ai, I’d check if the software you are using supports it. Most only allow for each gpu to handle a render per gpu, not a combined effort. Most games don’t support multi-gpus, you will also need to verify if your render software supports multi-gpus.

Either way you want speed + most amount of ram for any gpu usage for what you are looking for. Your current setup is pretty much “it” for locally run ai work.

Mostly what I’m after and have been after is working on video in real time. I always get to a place where the speed at which I work including previews are slower than I’d prefer.

I thought by amping up my system to what I have, that I’d be able to at least work in Premiere at top speed. But with effects, titles, captions etc it still chokes when trying to render previews in real time. Even at 1/4 resolution. @TerryA

Granted, it’s 4k video. I get it. It’s massive but my computer is too. I just wonder, is there a configuration that exists that would blow video out, including more real time previews with multiple layers of “MOGRT” (motion graphics templates).

Is it the CPU, GPU, RAM? I’ve been after this since the Alienware days!

some nice red and yellow bars u got there…

Ya I know this stuff. It’s about trying and placing effects on effects, along with titling. My setup now is really good but I think the change needs to happen on the software side. Based on all the AI infusions solving major issues into the entire Adobe suite lately, I’d say optimizing real-time work is on the short list.